WHY USE A PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
Employees are your organization's greatest assets. To make sure that you are maximizing your return on these assets, it is critical that their performance be analyzed objectively and repeatedly. The Performance Appraisal process is the solution.
The purpose of the Performance Appraisal is to allow you to evaluate and develop an individual's performance. It should be used as a tool to encourage your best performers to maintain their high level of performance and to motivate poor performers to do better.
Benefits of an objective Performance Appraisal process include:
- Provides objective analysis for promotion or compensation considerations
- Asset allocation - making sure the right people are in the right jobs
- Identification of training/development needs to reach maximum effectiveness
- Identification of employees who have the potential for advancement or who might be better suited in other areas of the organization
- Reduced turnover costs - identifying problem areas before it is too late
To learn more, select Sample Performance Appraisal Objective from the menu.